The Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics conference (TCT) is the world’s largest educational meeting specialising in interventional vascular medicine. I only know this because I came across a tweet from cardiologist Dr Oscar Mendiz, who shared this cool picture while he was attending the conference in San Francisco. His comment: “TCT 2013 has changed medical meeting for the future”.
All registrants for the conference received a free tablet device, loaded with the official conference app and other interactive conference tools. This allowed the attendees to:
- View the program
- Plan their schedule
- Find and rate sessions (CME)
- Download speaker slides
- View abstracts and case presentations
- Navigate the conference center
- Access exhibition materials
- Communicate with other attendees
- Share info
- Take notes
- Find shuttle buses, hotels, and restaurants
Sounds & looks cool. Being an interventional cardiologist can’t be that bad after all.